The laboratory research and develop solutions and models of systems and sensors, for monitoring physiological parameters in clinical research, telemedicine and sport.
The laboratory’s activities are focused on:
#research: IoT based research and technological innovation
#concept: concept design and 3D prototyping (partner Formlabs)
#prototyping: development of pre-production prototypes and certification
#design: design according to Design Thinking and User Centered Design methodology
#user-research: user studies and market analysis
#digitaldesign: UX and UI design
#software: design and development of software and mobile apps
- 8 channels EEG Bluetooth;
- 32 channels EEG PCMCIA
- EEG online signal processing tools
- home automation system connected to the BCI
- wearable device for ECG single lead monitoring
- wearable device with three leads ECG monitoring
- wearable device for monitoring physical activity with triaxial accelerometer
- wearable temperature sensors for monitoring the state of the residual limb using prosthesis
- oscilloscope LeCroy wavejet 324
- logic analyzer Lecroy MS-32
- CNC 32 milling machineRoland Modela MDX-40
- pick and Place with reflow oven
Hardware development and prototypes for wearable and IoT systems
Thanks to a decade of experience in the development of IoT wearable devices, the laboratory designs innovative systems and products for the Healthcare & Wellbeing sector according to the User Centered Design method, taking care of all the process phases: User research and market survey, design requirements definition, product development and pre-production prototyping.
Design and development of software and mobile applications
The Sensibilab laboratory applies user-centered design methodologies such as personas, user journeys, user tests and quantitative analysis for the definition of specifications and UX/UI design. "The user before the software": optimize the user experience by developing error tolerant software, taking care of usability and intuitiveness aspects. The software and apps developed by Sensibilab are multi-platform (iOs, Android).
Development of signal and image processing algorithms
The laboratory develops signal analysis algorithms (e.g. ECG signal processing, digital filtering, pattern extraction and classification by ML) and ergonomic protocols.